Friday, April 29, 2011

Georges Junction Ride

 I had a ride organised with Kingy and a few of the boys for the last Tuesday of easter.

We intended to head up into Hickeys Creek road and over into Thumb Creek, via Taylors Arm.

Well the weather was crap, to say the least. I wasn't real keen on climbing out of bed.

But it takes more than a bit of rain to keep me off my bike so I geared up and away we go.

Riding through Kempsey I spot some loaded up adventure bikes at the servo.

A couple of DR650SE's and two KTM's. A 640 and a 690.

I pulled up for a quick yak and asked of their intended route of travel.

They planned heading up the big hill to Armidale and then on to Coffs Harbour.

I arrived at Kingys, who was waiting for more riders to turn up.

I heard the ADV bikes heading past and was torn with which ride I should join.

Well, they could only tell me to fark orf, so I headed west to Willawarrin.

















There I met the crew having breakfast. I introduced myself and requested permission to tag along.

They seemed like a nice easy going bunch of blokes and it was not a problem to join them.
















We geared up and headed towards Armidale.

It rained off and on and the dirt section was as slick as goose poop.

The grader had pushed some nice grey clay over the surface and it was "interesting" to ride on.

I tucked the front end under in a slow corner and fell like a bag of shit.

Very embarassing. But not uncommon for me.

My mates will start calling me "horizontal".

I quickly showed the ADV boys a couple of choice camping spots then left them at Georges Junction.

Very nice to meet you all fellahs, G'day to Guy - Tim - Al and Dave. 

Hope you all had a good ride home.




No comments: