Monday, March 2, 2009

Is that the shop in the plaza?

I had a call this morning. The lady informed me I had her computer in for repair, and found it not worth fixing.
Apparently I'd backed up her data to an external drive and when she got it home it was someone elses.
She wanted to know if I still had her computer, as her data was very important to her. I start looking theough all my dead Dells and could not find one owned by Walton.
She getting a bit cranky by now and I inform her of my usual policy. If its not picked up in 4 weeks it goes into storage and 12 months later is discarded.
Then she flys off the handle stating that I requested the computer be left instore and I was making "her" feel responsible for "my" oversight.
I calmly tell her not to get cranky, if the computer has been stored I can retrieve the data. I open my database and cannot find an entry for "Walton".
I tell her this and she asks, "Are you the computer store in the Credit Union Plaza?"
I explain to her that Im not, and now I know this Im not surprised shes received the wrong data.
I get a mumbled apology and a quick hang up.

People please, if your going to get cranky at someone ensure it is the correct recipient.

No comments: