Monday, April 16, 2018

Gingers Creek Ride - Oxley Highway


Sunday rolled around again. The weather was perfect for a ride.

Not too hot or cold.

The destination was to be one of the best biking roads in Australia.

The Oxley Highway.

Wide open flat lands rise into a series of tight corners that will test the best of riders.

Its easy to get it wrong. Many have paid the final price here.

But with a level head and steady throttle hand you can make it up, and down if you're lucky.

Gingers Creek Cafe is a biking Mecca. 

The food and coffee is good. You can find many other riders here on most days.

My friend Gary Hartas makes all welcome. And the Holy Goat coffee is exceptional.


Open roads out of Long Flat.



I stayed on the speed limit. I promise Officer.



Rolling vistas.



Beware the vehicles that can't seem to stay on the other side of the lines.



This little Suzuki is a pleasure to ride.



I think I've got the most from this tyre.



Holy Goat Coffee.



Coming home I spotted an older gent on the side of the highway.

He seemed like he was about to have a heart attack.

I pulled up. "You alright mate?" "No, I'm farked" he says.

Emphysema had a good hold on him.

Smoking is bad, ok kiddies?

I changed the tyre for him and he said he'd say a prayer for me.

I said he should say two.. God knows I need them.




No comments: