Friday, April 10, 2015

The Nut - Stanley

I learnt about The Nut way back before High School.

The best teacher I ever had, Mr Kevin Gibson had great interest in Geology.

Thanks for that Gibbo. Now I get to see it myself.


This is the the place of the $77 crayfish.

It wasn't real big either. Not like the one on the roof.

The fish and chip shop was exceptional though.








View from the back of The Nut.



An ore carrier off in the distance.



I saw this fellow in s spot of bother.

I removed the eggshell and sent him on his way.



Highfields Estate.



View from the convict barracks ruins.



The barracks ruins.



A bit of both this time.



Fantastic stonework.



The stables at Highfields.



Another view of The Nut from the town side.



The Jimmy Lane Memorial Lookout.



Poor old tassie devil didn't make it.



A mineral sands factory near Burnie.



The conveyor running out to sea.



A big pile of rutile.


No comments: