Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mount Kaputar


I pulled into the Bark Hut Camping ground on Mount Kaputar fairly late. 

Camp was set up quick and simple and I put some tea on. 

It was getting a bit nippy and the wind was up. 

Amazingly I found a hot shower facility and scrubbed myself squeaky clean. 

Then cooked up some silverside with plenty of veges. 

A beer or two with a couple of Scotch chasers made for a good sleep. 





Up early for a tour of the lookouts.

This is Euglah Rock



The Governor. An eroded trachyte plug.





















I'll come back and do the Barraba Track one day.

Hopefully on the bike.



Bit of a map for you.





Bark Hut Campground.




Mum and a little one come in to say g'day.





This cheeky magpie robbed my frying pan.





The temps dropped severely during the night, but I was still comfortable.

Luckily I had two quilts to sleep under.



Walkway to the summit.



The towers at the top make your fillings hum.

I won't stay here too long.



Then down the road to Tamworth.

Kaputar is a great destination. 

Check it out soon.

No comments: